Part of our #oneskilletmeal series, this dish can be completed in one cast iron skillet in 30 minutes or less. It's perfect for a weekday dish that's easy and has plenty of flavor!
What you'll Need:
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 tbs Butter
1 Small Onion Chopped
1 Small Red Bell Pepper Seeded and Chopped
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Bottle of any of our seasonings, I used Beef Beef Baby
1 Pack of Queen City Smoked Beef Sausage, sliced ¼-inch thick
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil till butter sizzles.
- Add the slice smoked sausage and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is tender and sausage begins to brown.
- Add the red bell pepper and broccoli. Cover, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, garlic powder and onion salt. Combine well, cover and heat until rice is hot.
- Add the shredded cheese and remove from heat. Stir in cheese until it’s melted.
DONE! This dish makes enough servings for a family of 4 and is fun to share around the table!