This was such a hit at our last food demo that we decided to post it at the public's request! This will make enough slaw to feed a party. Half the recipe for home use. Pictures coming soon.
What you'll need:
1/2 head green cabbage, Julienne
1/2 head red cabbage, Julienne
2 large carrots, Minced
1/2 red onion, Minced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pkg of our S+P Blend
1-2 cups Gorgonzola or Danish Blue Cheese (optional)
- quarter the red and green cabbage so that can fit into your food processor. (If you don't have a food processor, you'll want to slice the cabbage into 1/4 or 1/8 inch thick slices and no more than 2 inches in length)
- Run cabbage through the slice setting in your food processor, aiming to achieve a julienne style cut. Put in a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Take the carrots and onion and cut them into halves/quarters so they fit in the processor and run it until they are minced. If making it by hand, keep chopping until they are minced.
- Mix minced onion and carrot with cabbage. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, and some S+P in a medium bowl. Blend well.
- Add mixture to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine.
- For extra flare, add 1-2 cups of Gorgonzola or Danish Blue at this point. This is solely based on preference. Crumble and mix well.
- Finally, taste for seasoning; adjust with more salt, pepper or sugar as needed.