Below I've provided the recipe for our award winning chicken wings. I'm always happy to share a great recipe.
What you'll Need:
1 Bottle of our Wing Fling Seasoning
1 Bottle of Hot Sauce (nothing expensive, this is for marinating)
1 Gallon Freezer Bag
1 Charcoal or Gas Grill
1 Piece of Hickory Wood (Optional)
1 Bottle of Wing Sauce (Optional)
2-3 lbs of Chicken Wings
- Put your chicken wings into the gallon freezer back
- Pour entire bottle of hot sauce into freezer bag and set aside
I typically marinate for 24-48 hours but you can do it for 3 hours if you are short on time. The amount of hot sauce needed may vary based on the amount of wings. 1 bottle is typically good for 2-3 lbs of wings.
- The wings should be cooked on indirect heat so your grill will need to be 500+ degrees. Anything lower and you will have longer cook times and not so crispy wings.
- While the grill is heating up, take the wings out of the marinade and season them with a healthy amount of Wing Fling on both sides.
- Once the grill is hot, if you have a piece of hickory or any other smoking wood place it directly over the heat.
- put the wings on the grill near the heat and close the lid and do not open for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes flip the wings and apply more Wing Fling if necessary.
- Close the lid and check on the wings in 20 more minutes, they should be done.
- For a crispier wing, BRIEFLY place them over direct heat before removing from grill
DONE! These wings will have a great flavor with a little spice after following these instructions. I find that at cookouts the wings are long gone before I get a chance to sauce them. Sauce is optional, but they will go great with whatever you decide to sauce them with!